07 July 2014

America the Beautiful




We celebrated downtown for the Fourth of July. The majority of downtown is shut down; roads that is and not businesses (businesses are open of course). There are thousands and thousands and thousands that pack downtown. Luckily, this year the weather was perfect. In 2012, the weather was unbearable; super humid with record breaking temperatures (it was the hottest 4th of July on record and that one was hotter. The time before that, that it was that hot was 1911). In 2013, it rained and was unenjoyable, because everything is outside. It wasn't just sprinkling, it was a downpour. This year, it was perfect!! Lexington knows how to do it right. Festivities go on for 4-5 days. The parade lasted about 1.5 to 2 hours, and this year's theme was "Celebrating Our Heroes" or something like that. Sidenote: We have been making our own french fries for the past couple of months; variety of kinds (spicy, etc). Which brings me to the point of...Those curly chips in the picture? We go to the same vendor every year, because it is so yummy. My husband pointed out when the guy was making them, and I then noticed that they made them with a power drill that has an attachment. How awesome!!


My 4th of July manicure for this year.



We go all out for holidays and that includes dressing to fit the theme! Life isn't fun if you don't. Plus, life is too short and boring to be all serious all the time.

I just snapped a few pictures of the parade with my iPhone. I didn't want to bring my camera downtown, since it used for my business and I didn't want anything to happen to it. I'm in the process of getting insurance for my business and equipment. I also didn't know the parade was going to last that long, so I stopped taking pictures.












After we celebrated that day, we came back home. We then went back out later that night to go to our favorite pizza place, Pazzo's. It was closed though, so we went to another favorite of ours; Mellow Mushroom. We got in and ate just before the fireworks started after 10pm. We didn't have an exact place to watch them, so we watched them while we were in traffic. Downtown was still closed down, so traffic was slow, In my opinion, we had the perfect spot to watch them.


Other Updates:
As many of you may or may not know, I've created entirely a separate blog. It will just be for my husband and me. It has been something on my month for quite some time and finally just did it. I'm loving it so far. I've even updated it more than this blog haha (I still intend to keep EHFAR, but still not sure how many times that I will update it; maybe at least ten times). I've said it before, but I'm entirely happy with my decision.



Linking up with:
Funday Monday with Lipgloss and CrayonsMingle Monday with Life of Meg, Morning Monday Gossip with Join the Gossip

7 comments:

Jen said...

I love your outfit from this weekend! Cute!

Rebecca Jo said...

You are so cute in your celebrating :)

Did I miss the link to the new blog?

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

So fun and festive. Glad you guys had a blast!

After Eleven Blog said...

We love parades too! We went to one on the 4th and even though it wasn't the BEST experience, it was still fun :) By the way I just found your blog from Bloglovin' - they said we should be friends so I decided to stop in and say hi and check your blog out, glad I did! I'm excited to be following along now!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Those curly fry/chip thingies are the BOMB!

Kimberlee VDW said...

Love your festive looks lol! Glad you got into the July 4th spirit :)

Thanks for linking up with MMG!

LeeLee said...

What a fun 4th of July! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet