Owl We Need Is Love







shirt: c/o OASAP/necklace: c/o OASAP/jeans: french connection

I always hate taking OOTD pictures in the winter, because it is so cold. Single digits and negative degree windchill? Brrrr... Honestly, it wasn't too bad. I've been in colder and it is supposed to get even colder. Plus, the lighting was right. It was right before sunset and turned out perfectly. I hope whenever we buy a house in the next 1-2 years, I'll have an in house studio. Wouldn't that make OOTD pictures a cinch, especially in less than stellar weather? I have to say, I still much prefer taking pictures outside.

I've said this time and time again so that you've probably got sick of me saying it, but I love chiffon, prints, and button-ups. Honestly, I used to never own any button-ups besides a few. They weren't really my style and were always too boring for me or "too preppy." 

In February 2013, I was introduced to OASAP and they had a huge collection of button- ups shirts. Since I was a huge fan of prints and designs, I snagged one or two each time that we worked together. The shirts were too classic to pass up. As each month passed, I fell more and more in love. No longer did I want any dresses (I already own plenty), but instead wanted to build my collection of button-ups. These shirts I could wear in the spring, fall, and winter, so what's not to love? They could be casual or dressy; so versatile. This one stood out to me because of the owls, which is one of my favorite animals.

I'm a huge fan of statement necklaces too; hence all of the J. Crew replicas that I have bought from Groopdealz in the past. I already own two fan fringe necklaces (see: here), but the one on OASAP was black and white (they also have different colors as well). I'm all about color when it comes to statement necklaces, because it always can make an outfit pop without being too overbearing. However, there is something so simple and effortless about black and white.




Linking up with:
Totally Posted Tuesday with Glossy Blonde and Karly Kim,  Style Sessions with Style Elixir, All Things Thursday with Hunters of Happiness and Glitz and Gold, Look What I Got with Penniless Socialite andThe Tiny Heart, What I Wore with The Pleated PoppyFavorite Fashion Friday with Penniless Socialite, Tres-Chic Fashion with Vodka Infused Lemonade, Fashion Friday Link-up with Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl

29 comments :

Priscilla Angulo said...

The light in your photos is perfect.

Kiki said...

I love that necklace!

Kiki said...

I love that necklace!

Ashlee @ ashleenikol.com said...

Awww, I love the owls with the bows on them! So cute! OASAP has some really great items!

http://ashleenikol.com

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

That looks great on you!

Susan M said...

I love that shirt and necklace! Oh my gosh I want!

Hannah said...

That top is adorable.
Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

Devis Peinture said...

Bienvenue chez Entreprise Peinture Déco, Plus de 20 ans d'expérience
Devis Travaux-Peintures-Peinture Renovation,Habitat 91,77,75,78 ...
www.entreprisepeinturedeco.fr/devis-travaux/
Devis Travaux peinture renovation- Epinay-sous-Sénart 91860- Epinay-sur-Orge 91360-Etiolles 91450-Etréchy 91580-Fleury-Mérogis 91700.

Rebecca Jo said...

OH MY GOSH.. precious! I am an owl fan & that's such a 'mature' way to do owls.

Kimberly Bonham said...

Love your photos. What kind of camera do you use?

Charlene Maugeri said...

That shirt is so cute!

Rachel said...

Yeah, I have not really been taking outdoor outfit pictures at all in Michigan lately--the weather makes me chicken! That owl pattern is really cute though!

Christina Beaute said...

I love this outfit and the lighting is gorgeous!!

xoxo
Christina

Corinne said...

I love outfit posts in the snow! The lighting is always beautiful.

I love that top too, I'm kind of tempted to get it or one similar next time my OASAP credit comes through!

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

Mrs.B said...

So cute! Love that necklace.

Miss Angie said...

You are adorable!

Jamie @ You Gotta Have Hart said...

OMG!! Too cute! I'm only OBSESSED with owls (I'm wearing earrings now that are owls and well, I've got a big one tattoo'd on my arm, lol). You look great!

K.Lee said...

1100 Follower on GFC! follow via Blog Hop via Noor! You look Fab, have a wonderful week!

xoxo, K.Lee
leemuse.blogspot.com

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

Love this!

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

That is such a cute top!!

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

You take such gorgeous photos! I love that necklace and button-down is so pretty!

Melzie at Ribbons and Rotor Blades said...

The only button ups I own are your basic professional ones. I always try on the fun more fashion type ones but I just don't think I look good. I'm so bad about jumping on the new trends. Everyone else looks so cute and I think I look so stupid. It's also hard for me to wear things that are baggy and not form-fitting or close to form-fitting. I feel baggier clothes make me look smaller than I already am :( But I will check out this sight because your top is cute!

Melzie at Ribbons and Rotor Blades said...

The only button ups I own are your basic professional ones. I always try on the fun more fashion type ones but I just don't think I look good. I'm so bad about jumping on the new trends. Everyone else looks so cute and I think I look so stupid. It's also hard for me to wear things that are baggy and not form-fitting or close to form-fitting. I feel baggier clothes make me look smaller than I already am :( But I will check out this sight because your top is cute!

Dina Farmer said...

Oh my gosh I love, love the cardigan!

Carylee said...

Adorable print! And I agree about taking winter OOTD photos outside - it's not so bad! Cold, but as long as you snap a few quick pics and limit your exposure to less than 5 minutes, it's not awful! Nothing beats natural lighting when it comes to outfit photos sometimes!
morepiecesofme.com

Shon said...

I love this blouse! The entire look is so ladylike. Thanks for braving the cold! Stopping by via the link ups!

Ginny MyNewFavoriteOutfit said...

Winter pictures are the worst, these did turn out very nicely though :)

Penniless Socialite said...

I freakin love owls...so naturally I love that shirt! Thanks for linking up for Look What I Got! Hope to see you back tomorrow!
Tara
Penniless Socialite

Penniless Socialite said...

I freakin love owls...so naturally I love that shirt! Thanks for linking up for Look What I Got! Hope to see you back tomorrow!
Tara
Penniless Socialite

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...