Mystery Solved


I had a few compliments and questions on things that I have posted on my blog and instagram (including a recipe, my hair, a dress, and makeup)

First up, (healthy) baked mozzarella sticks:


I, first, made these earlier this year, when I got the recipe from Skinnytaste. These are really yummy! I also got a question on how to keep them from melting. I'm not really sure, since I bake them only 5 minutes on each side (10 minutes total). Skinnytaste suggested freezing them, before making them and after the sticks are coated. However, I do NOT do that, and it comes out fine for me (just MY experience).


Here's some nutritional information:

Skinny Baked Mozzarella Sticks
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 12 • Serving Size: 2 pieces • Old Points: 1 pts • Points+: 2 pts*
Calories: 86.8* • Fat: 4.8 g • Protein: 7.4 g • Carb: 3.5 g • Fiber: 0.2 g • Sugar: 0.2
Sodium: 168.6 


Now, for ingredients:
-12 sticks part-skim, reduced sodium mozzarella string cheese (Sargento)
-1 large egg, beaten
-2 tbsp flour
-5 tbsp Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
-5 tbsp panko crumbs
-2 tsp parmesan cheese
-1 tbsp dried parsley
-olive oil cooking spray


Finally, the directions:

1. Cut cheese in half, until you have 24 pieces.

2. In a small bowl, whisk the egg.

3. Place the flour on a separate dish.

4. In another bowl (separate), combine the bread crumbs, panko, parmesan cheese, and parsley.

5. Dip the cheese sticks in flour and shake off the excess.

6. Place the cheese sticks in egg, and then coat with crumb mixture. (Skinnytaste suggests: "Place cheese back into the freezer until ready to bake (this is a must or they will melt before the crumbs get golden)."

7. Place frozen cheese sticks on baking sheet. Spray the tops of the mozzarella sticks with the olive oil spray and bake about 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and bake an additional 4 - 5 minutes watching them closely so they don't melt.




I got a lot of compliments after my hairdo and look, when I posted some pictures on Instagram. The thing is? The bangs are fake! I love bangs, but have a love/hate relationship. I bought these back in 2010, and wore them for New Year's Eve. Every time that I have gotten bangs in the past (with the exception of being a child), I like them for a month. After a month, I get fed up with them and never get them trimmed. I just push them aside and grow them out.

I've had these bangs for about two years, but it is just a great way to change up your look without the commitment. Get yours: here


A lot of people complimented by eye makeup, and I wanted to say, thanks so much! The eye palette that I used was NYC brand. I believe I bought it at Meijer for around $5, but you can find it online and probably anywhere that sells NYC makeup like Wal-mart.

The palette that I used was called: Lexington Luxury. Perfect for this Kentucky girl!


Lastly, people asked about my dress. I either bought it at Dillards or Macys back in 2009. To be honest, it is actually about two or three sizes too big!!! The brand is: Adrianna Papell



Hope that answers everyone's questions!

14 comments :

Meg O. said...

I have seen those mozzarella sticks on skinnytaste and I am dying to make them! They look great!

Margaret F said...

That color palette is gorgeous! :)

Jen said...

Those mozzarella sticks look amazing! I will be making these. :)

Ashlee :) said...

Those bangs look awesome on you! You can't even tell that they are fake! Thanks for the recipe. I'm fixing to start gathering up "skinny" recipes for the New Year :) lol!

tara said...

those bangs look great on you! can't believe they're fake!

Amber said...

I am totally making those cheese sticks!

Fake bangs?! I need some. I've toyed with the idea of getting real bangs, but now I can try it out first to see if I like them :)

Sippy Cups and Pearls said...

okay seriously?!! why am i JUST now hearing about fake bangs? that is AWESOME! I got my bangs cut several months ago and I loved them the first month and half - then they started getting on my nerves but when it came time to getting dressed up I didn't want to just pull them back so I trimmed them, yet again...I'm finally committing to growing them out but UGH I hate this awkward stage....totally looking into fake bangs in the future. thanks for the tip! by the way, found your blog from the gfc hop and super excited to be your newest follower - I'm a Whitney, too! That makes us SUPER awesome. ha!

Rekita Nicole said...

saw your blog via GFC Blog Hop, i am your newest follower!

Man the "sticks" are calling my name...

"I yells for Southern Belles" (i am from GA)
-Rekita
LovelyArmyWife.com

Kristin Dawn said...

Hey, new follower from the GFC blog hop. What a neat idea with the fake bangs. :) I have bangs as well and I totally know what you mean about the love/hate thing with them. They're so good when they're freshly cut but as soon as they start to grow out, they are so hard to manage!

xo,
Kristin
aboutagirl.ca

Kristina said...

Happy Holidays. Visiting from Thee Networking Blog Hop! Please stop by my blog & follow back if you haven't already. :)

Kristina
http://www.yomichaelmichael.com

Laura @ Between the Lines said...

I'll have to try that recipe. I'm on a mozzarella sticks kick lately.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love that dress but I bet it would be so hard to find now! Love the eye make up too!

Claire Kiefer said...

OMG! Who would have thought you could buy bangs?! Totally looking into this right now!

Candles by Maya said...

What temp do u bake the sticks at?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...