12 November 2012

86,400



via

Some of the best relationship advice given to me. It didn't come from this pin either. It came from my real life, but this pin happens to help illustrate some of the point.



A person that I know told me something very similar. Just like the quote above, they is right. It is something that I had never really thought about. We all have 86,400 seconds in a day. It is really what we do with it that matters.

The question that I ask you... How are you spending your day?

Are you making sure to spend time with your loved ones?
Are you thinking positive?
Are you spending too much time on the negatives in life?
Are you spending every moment you can happy or dwelling in unhappiness?
Are you making sure that the ones you love know you love them?
Are you doing everything you can to keep your life/love/relationships/etc intact?
Are you smiling at strangers?
Are you growing as a person?
Are you making your life better?

Or...
Are you making someone else's life better?


The beauty of it all is that each day is a new start. However, the sad reality is that not everyone has a tomorrow. Even if we do, the chance could have come and gone, and it is now too late. Say what you need to say. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Live with no regrets.

This isn't about "live as if you will die tomorrow," but you can interpret it as that. What I'm getting at is that: You must fuel your fire and your passion in your relationship, so it will grow. Another analogy? You have planted a seed and it needs to be continued to water to grow. Without that "water," it will surely die.

Most importantly: We need to ignite that fire inside ourselves and relationships and make sure they grow and grow. The fire must have fuel daily. It is not something that you can put off or neglect, because if you do that fire will die. It will. Fact. If that fire does die, that is when life becomes "complicated." That is when relationships fail, cease to exist, be torn apart, or worse. (I'm really referring to romantic relationships, marriages, etc). It is something that takes time and effort daily , which starts with 86,400 seconds and continues with another and another, and so on.



86,400.

A concept that I will never forget.


Xoxoxo






Covered in Gracestillbeingmolly

15 comments:

Meghan @ Shine On said...

I seriously love this. Perfect thing to think about on this Monday!!

Jen said...

This is awesome! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I totally needed to read this today! Ever since Tiffany passed away, I feel like I'm in shock that someone my age passed. I know that you knew her as well outside the blog world so I hope you're doing well.

Stephanie said...

Such a perfect reminder to start the week off right.

Kristal said...

What a great post, love this. Such a good reminder that we all need. :) Newest follower.
http://sincerelyarizona.blogspot.com/

Amanda said...

Great reminder! I saw this many years ago, and it's just a good reflection reminder. I'm glad you shared this and reminded us how important really living life is!

Whitney said...

i love this! totally convicting with how i spend my time.

Ashley said...

i am saving this picture!! this is awesome!

Ashley said...

i am saving this picture!! this is awesome!

elise said...

new[est] follower. loving this post and loving your blog. this is such a good reminder! can't wait to keep following along!

stop by sometime!
kalobandelise.blogspot.com

Fash Boulevard said...

adore this. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Amanda @ Eloquent English said...

How are you spending your day? is such a good question... Sometimes (or all the time) I really need to think about that...

Laura Darling said...

I love this! And I needed to read it today! Thanks for sharing!

Jenna@The Life of the Wife said...

I actually really needed this today. I kind of wrote a similar post on "being busy." Thanks for sending me your link girl! :)

Janna Renee said...

This is just awesome...I never thought of it this way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By Yuniquely Sweet