Sorry, I haven't blogged in almost a week. I know that I don't have to, but I like to! Every time that I plan to something comes up, which is not necessarily bad. However, blogging is one of my hobbies and it makes me sad, when I can't do it. I'll post a mini update tomorrow about what has been going on.
I've planned to do this video for about a week now. I even filmed it once, and it turned out cute. However, I decided not to use it. I filmed it again (which is the one I posted), and I'll be honest, it turned out...just okay. I've had my Macbook for over three years, and never really fooled around with iMovie. So, basically my video editing skills are subpar. Plus, I didn't want to spend time much time perfecting it, since I already promised that I would post it today. Maybe next time, I'll use my actual video camera. Who knows?
Things you should know about the video:
1) Don't mind the stuff in the background. We are currently organizing our office.
2) There's also a curtain on the window. Where it is was so sunny, when I was filming, there was a glare. Sorry, about that.
3) By the way, talking to your computer is super awkward. Plus, I don't really think I sound like that at all.
4) You also may notice, that the video has gaps in it. I cut out part of it to make it shorter. I could have sped those parts up, but I just wanted to go ahead and post them, like I promised.
5) You can hear my dog, hubby, and his friend in the background at some parts.
I've done enough babbling, so without further ado. I'll get to the video.
First, you will need:
Note: the chignon or hair donut is optional
1. Gather the supplies in the above picture.
2. Brush your hair.
3. Turn your hair upside down and brush again.
4. Start doing the upside down, inside out french braid (aka dutch braid) and go to the crown.
FYI: It is simliar to a french braid, but instead of putting the hair over, you put it under.
5. After you have that braid, use one of the clear elastics to secure braid. (This is in case that you want to readjust the bun later in the day, and won't have to redo the whole hairstyle).
6. Gather all the hair and put into a high ponytail.
7. Use the hair donut (or chignon) or put hair into bun.
8. Use bobby pins to secure in place.
Let me know if you have any questions!